Hello all! And I’m back from my vacation this weekend! Unfortunately, I don’t have any Ten gifs to go with today’s post, so you’ll have to do without. Unless I can find a way to relate Ten to books…For the bookworms…
1. What was your overall favourite book this year? (Yes. Pick one.)
Hmmm… Well… I must say, I really did love Guards! Guards! by Terry Pratchett. I really do hate picking favorite books, though *sigh* It’s like picking a favorite parent or a favorite friend.
2. Which books did you reread this year?
The LotR trilogy, the Harry Potter series (As I do every year), The Wee Free Men, the Inkheart trilogy, annnnd that’s all I can think of at the moment. Although there are tons more.
3. Which book(s) gave you a massive hangover?
Ummm… Do comic books count? If so, then Amazing X-Men #1. I mean, look at that artwork! And Nightcrawler is back! But if not, then I suppose Harry Potter, as it always does. I even bought myself a wand at the Dickens Fair this weekend and I’m planning on sewing myself a Slytherin cloak.
4. Best standalone you read?
Hmmm… Probably Shada, by Douglas Adams and Gareth Roberts. It’s a Doctor Who novel about the fourth Doctor. Or perhaps Fortunately, The Milk by Neil Gaiman.
5. Biggest book(s) you’ve read this year?
Oh, gosh. Let me think. Probably Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, or maybe Inkdeath, or something else. I really don’t pay attention to the number of pages, but the more, the better! Oh, or possibly Dune. I read that on my Kindle so I’m not sure how long it was.
6. Most disappointing book(s) you read this year?
The Hunger Games. After all the hype about, it, I figured it would be good. Boy was I disappointed. It seemed poorly written to me and the characters… don’t get me started on the characters.
7. Favourite leading-female character?
Hmmm… Either Annabeth from the Percy Jackson and Heroes of Olympus (She shows that girls can be smart and hold their own in a fight) or Meggie from Inkheart (I could totally relate to her love of books)
8. Favourite leading-male character?
Hmmm… Well… *Thinks* Can I say The Doctor? He was in Shada, after all. Or Sam from LotR.
9. Best romance(s)?
Percy and Annabeth. Or Ron and Hermione. one of the two.
10. What book(s) hit the DNF list? (Did not finish.)
Pfft. Are you kidding? I always finish my books.
11. What book(s) did you read out of your comfort-zone?
Hmmm… Well, Flipped, by Wendelin Van Draanen. I was not impressed. And then there was World Without Fish. I’m normally not a fan of non-fiction, but I was very impressed with this one.
12. Which author did you read the most from?
Either Terry Pratchett or JK Rowling.
13. Top 5 books you’d recommend from all the books you’ve read this year?
14. How many books did you read this year all up?
I don’t count. Probably around 100.
And I’m not going to participate in the writing half, mainly because the only book I wrote this year was my NaNo novel and it’s still under revision. So, there it is! What do you think?