I’m going to be participating in a couple of reading challenges next year, because why not? So far I’m planning on entering two- Bookish Bingo (January- March 2015), hosted by Great Imaginations and TBR Smash Challenge, hosted by Ashana Lian. I may decide to participate in more later on, though, so keep an eye out!
Bookish Bingo looks like it’ll be a lot of fun. I’m really looking forward to branching out in my reading a little bit (I say ‘looking forward to’, but then again, I’ve already started). Also, I probably won’t get to all of them within the time limit (but who knows, I might). I plan to finish them all at some point, though.
Here’s the list of books that I plan on reading (although it could change based on what my library has available). They’re mostly just titles that fit each category and seemed interesting. If you have any recommendations, be sure to let me know in the comments!
- The Midnight Dress (Forgotten Fridays pick)
- BZRK (Start a series)
- My Heart and Other Black Holes (2015 debut)
- 17 And Gone (Magical realism)
- Sisters Red (Fairytale retelling)
- Darkness Before Dawn (‘Pretty Dress’ cover)
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Long Haul (Middle grade)
- White Space (White cover)
- The Miseducation of Cameron Post (LGBTQIA)
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower (Epistolary)
- Knife (Blue cover)
- Mila 2.0 (Mystery or thriller)
- Mastiff (Over 400 pages)
- In Real Life (Graphic novel)
- Otherbound (PoC main character)
- Schizo (Mental illness)
- Like No Other (Romance)
- We Were Liars (2014 release you missed)
- Antigoddess (Based on mythology)
- The Fire Wish (Gold lettering)
- Winterspell (Fairies or fae)
- The Riverman (Male PoV)
- Vicious (Superpowers)
- The Probability of Miracles (Pink cover)
I’ve also decided to do the TBR Smash Challenge, since I have several forgotten books on my Goodreads TBR list that I’d still like to read. I don’t have a specific list of books I’d like to read yet (aside from Goodreads and a couple books lying around my bedroom and on my Amazon wishlist), but I’m going to aim for the Dismantled it! trophy (25 books).
Are you participating in any reading challenges this year? Which ones?