One thing I’ve seen on a couple of other book blogs is a “book haul” type post where people discuss books they’ve bought/ received lately. Well, yesterday, I finally got around to using some Christmas money to buy myself some more music that I’d been wanting for a while. Since I’d wanted to participate in Evi’s Music Medley for a while, I had a brilliant idea- “Hey! Why not do a combination of the Music Medley and a music haul?”
For those of you who are reading this in email, I don’t think the YouTube videos I’ve included will show up, so you may want to read this on the site instead.
In the words of its creator, Music Medley is
[An original meme that] features what music is on your mind right now: songs, soundtracks, orchestra/band pieces, anything: as long as it’s music. It’s not weekly, just whenever music is on your mind, whenever your taste changes a little.
Well, I’ve definitely had a lot of music on my mind lately, so… let’s get started! Most of these are songs that I bought recently with my Christmas money.
1. Famous Last Words by My Chemical Romance. I’ve kind of fallen in love with their music lately, and Famous Last Words is just… wow. An amazing song. The music video is, like, super intense, though. With flamethrowers and loads of dark makeup. You have been warned.
I am not afraid to keep on living// I am not afraid to walk this world alone
2. American Beauty/ American Psycho by Fall Out Boy. They recently released a new album, and I really like it. AB/AP is one of the songs from aforementioned album.
She’s an American beauty// I’m an American psycho
3. Wake Me Up When September Ends by Green Day is another amazing song. I mean, Green Day is amazing in general. But beware of watching the music video because you will have ALL THE FEELS.
Summer has come and passed// The innocent can never last// Wake me up when September ends
4. Na Na Na and SING, both by My Chemical Romance. I’ve included both of them together because the album (Danger Days: The True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys) is basically one continuous story. The Fabulous Killjoys are a gang of punk rockers living in the desert and attempting to overthrow an evil mega corporation that wants to wipe out everyone’s individuality and I just ??? That’s about as punk rock as you can get and I love it. These two songs are also pretty amazing. I prefer SING by a tiny bit, but they’re both great.
Everybody wants to change the world// Everybody wants to change the world// But no one, no one wants to die
Sing it out, boy, they’re gonna sell what tomorrow means// Sing it out, girl, before they kill what tomorrow brings
5. Thnks Fr The Mmrs by Fall Out Boy. STORY TIME, SO GATHER ROUND. Fall Out Boy is kind of infamous for super long song titles (ie I Slept With Someone In Fall Out Boy And All I Got Was This Stupid Song Written About Me and Our Lawyer Made Us Change The Name Of This Song So We Wouldn’t Get Sued). Apparently they were told that they needed to shorten the title of this one. Their solution? Keep the title and remove all the vowels!
One night and one more time// Thanks for the memories// Even though they weren’t so great
6. Ignorance by Paramore. I really like female vocalists (which is odd considering that most of my favorite bands have male lead singers?).
You’re not a judge but if you’re gonna judge me// Well, sentence me to another life
7. Oh No! by Marina and the Diamonds. The lyrics to this one just really click with me.
One track mind, one track heart// If I fail, I’ll fall apart// Maybe it is all a test// Cause I feel like I’m the worst// So I always act like I’m the best
8. Centuries by Fall Out Boy. SOME LEGENDS ARE TOLD, SOME TURN TO DUST OR TO GOLD.
I could scream forever// We are the poisoned youth
9. Good Riddance (Time of Your Life) by Green Day. I really like their music, and this is another one of my favorite songs of theirs.
It’s something unpredictable// But in the end it’s right// I hope you had the time of your life
10. Welcome to the Black Parade by My Chemical Romance. I have a strong feeling that this is the song that gave them a reputation for being emo. I really don’t care, because it’s a legitimately good song.
A world that sends you reeling from decimated dreams// Your misery and hate will kill us all
What do you think of the songs on my list? Any recommendations?