Music Monday is a bi-weekly blog link up to encourage the sharing and discussion of people’s favorite music. Join in to share your own music and find new songs to listen to! A new theme will be posted every other Monday.
So, welcome to the first Music Monday! This week’s theme, Girl Power, is one that I’ve actually wanted to make a post on for a while. Share some songs you like with particularly feminist lyrics, or just some of your favorite female singers! It’s up to you, as long as you stay somewhat within the topic. And, of course, have fun!
- This will probably be a bi-weekly feature- I’m going to try this as a link-up this month, and if it works, we’ll keep it. If not, it may become weekly or monthly.
- Assuming that it stays as a bi-weekly feature, the theme and my own playlist will be posted every other Monday, starting tomorrow. You can post your own playlist any time between the day the theme is posted and the day the next theme will be posted.
- I make an album cover-y graphic for each playlist. You’re welcome to use mine or make your own, whichever you prefer.
- If you want, you can post your playlist on Spotify, 8tracks, YouTube, or whatever else works for you, and link to that from your blog.
- You may use whatever music you want, but if it contains explicit language, please mention that in your post!
- This isn’t really required, meaning I won’t kick you out or anything if you don’t do it, but try to listen to and comment on a couple of other people’s playlists as well. The intention of this is to encourage the sharing of people’s favorite music!
- Have fun!
- Hurricane by Halsey
- Born for This by Paramore
- Bad Reputation by Joan Jett
- Cherry Bomb by The Runaways
- Sex Yeah by Marina and the Diamonds
- Proof by Paramore
- The Best Thing (That Never Happened) by We Are the In Crowd*
- What Are You So Scared Of? by Tonight Alive
- Teen Idle by Marina and the Diamonds
- My House by PVRIS
* These songs have curse words in them.