Music Monday is a bi-weekly blog link up to encourage the sharing and discussion of people’s favorite music. Join in to share your own music and find new songs to listen to! A new playlist theme will be posted every other Monday.
Okay, everyone, welcome to the sixth Music Monday! I’m so happy that it’s gotten this far. I never really expected it to hit off, so thank you so much to everyone who’s participated! You guys are what makes this a success. Anyway, the new theme is dance. You all know the drill (or, at least, most of you) – you’re free to interpret this however you want. Take your own spin on things! Or, just go with the theme and make a playlist of your favorite songs to dance to – that’s great too. It’s all up to you.
- This is a bi-weekly feature. New themes will be posted every other Monday. You can post your own playlist any time in between the day the theme is posted and the day the next theme goes up (it doesn’t need to be a Monday).
- I make an album cover-y graphic for each playlist. You’re welcome to use mine or make your own, whichever you prefer.
- If you want, you can post your playlist on Spotify, 8tracks, YouTube, or whatever else works for you, and link to that from your blog.
- You may use whatever music you want, but if it contains explicit language, please mention that in your post!
- This isn’t really required, meaning I won’t kick you out or anything if you don’t do it, but try to listen to and comment on a couple of other people’s playlists as well. The intention of this is to encourage the sharing of people’s favorite music!
- Have fun!
Anti party anthems and songs that are about really not liking to dance but okay maybe just this once. Perfect for dancing by yourself in your bedroom.
- Punks Don’t Dance by Crystalyne
- Guilty Pleasure by Cobra Starship
- Heads Will Roll by the Yeah Yeah Yeahs
- Beat It by Fall Out Boy
- Party Poison by My Chemical Romance
- Not Your Way by MisterWives
- Here by Alessia Cara
- Shut Up and Dance by Walk the Moon
- Vegas Lights by Panic! at the Disco
- Fast in My Car by Paramore
- Hold Me Down by Halsey
- Don’t Wait Up by Robert DeLong
- Harlem by New Politics
- Different Colors by Walk the Moon