Music Monday is a bi-weekly blog link up to encourage the sharing and discussion of people’s favorite music. Join in to share your own music and find new songs to listen to! A new playlist theme will be posted every other Monday.
Theme & Announcements
Hey, it’s time for the seventh Music Monday! This time, I’m trying something different. Up until now, I’ve used a link up widget, but honestly, most of the people linking up actually don’t use it. So instead, if you link up, leave a comment on this post with a link to your own so that everyone else can find it! And don’t forget to share your thoughts on everyone else’s playlists, too!
Anyway, the new theme is “inspire”. It can be songs that pump you up (in case you missed the time we did Pump Up playlists), songs that make you want to actually try and finish that homework sitting in front of you, whatever you want, as long as it has something to do with inspiration!
- This is a bi-weekly feature. New themes will be posted every other Monday. You can post your own playlist any time in between the day the theme is posted and the day the next theme goes up (it doesn’t need to be a Monday).
- I make an album cover-y graphic for each playlist. You’re welcome to use mine or make your own, whichever you prefer.
- If you want, you can post your playlist on Spotify, 8tracks, YouTube, or whatever else works for you, and link to that from your blog.
- You may use whatever music you want, but if it contains explicit language, please mention that in your post!
- This isn’t really required, meaning I won’t kick you out or anything if you don’t do it, but try to listen to and comment on a couple of other people’s playlists as well. The intention of this is to encourage the sharing of people’s favorite music!
- Have fun!
Songs that make you ready to go out and change the world – and yourself in the process. Upbeat, “changing the world” tracks interspersed with a couple of darker, more introspective (but still inspiring) ones.
- I Can Lift A Car by Walk the Moon
- Hall of Fame by The Script
- Spotlight (New Regrets) by Patrick Stump
- Our Own House by MisterWives
- I Wanna Get Better by Bleachers
- Hurricane by MisterWives
- The Middle by Jimmy Eat World
- Overcome by New Politics
- Keep On Keepin On by Travie McCoy feat Brendon Urie
- Missing You by All Time Low
- On Top of the World by Imagine Dragons
- Best Day of My Life by American Authors
- Down in the Dumps by Walk The Moon
- Warriors by Imagine Dragons