So, hi guys! It’s me again, believe it or not. Sorry for the lack of posts lately! I’ve had a really hard time coming up with ideas for posts lately, but hopefully I’m back now. Keep an eye out for my review of Ash by Malinda Lo, as it should be coming soon!
Favorite Quote From A Book I Read This Spring
“I got to thinking that poems were like people. Some people you got right off the bat. Some people you just didn’t get- and never would.”
-Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe, by Benjamin Sáenz
This Spring In One Word
Most Popular Review This Spring
Top Two Books I Read This Spring
- Ash, by Malinda Lo. I haven’t even finished it yet, but gosh, this book is amazing. Queer protagonists! Fairy tale style storytelling (in a YA book)! What’s not to like?
- The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. METAPHORS! Metaphors everywhere!
Two Things I’m Looking Forward To This Summer
- Horseback riding. I’m doing a summer camp, so that’ll be fun. Even if it’ll be really hot out.
- Guardians of the Galaxy comes out on August 1st! I can’t wait!
Three New Obsessions This Spring
- Comic books. I still haven’t read that many, but the ones I have read, I’ve loved.
- Renaissance-era stuff. My school is doing a renaissance fair next year, so I’ve been doing a lot of research.
- Polyvore, a new favorite website of mine. Which is weird. I’ve never really been into fashion. Even if it’s fandom related.
Most Popular Three Blog Posts Overall This Spring
Three Posts I Loved On Other Blogs This Spring
Three Things That Happened This Spring
- I’ve branched out in my reading interests a bit. I’ve started reading a lot more historical fiction, queer fiction, and comic books lately.
- I was REALLY busy in May. I had a horse show and two big school events. It was fun, though.
- I volunteered to help teach a book club at school next year with a few friends!
Six Songs That I Listened To Far Too Often This Spring
- Cassandra’s Waltz, from the Doctor Who soundtrack. It’s so lovely and sci-fi sounding at the same time.
- New Year’s Day, by U2. I don’t know what it is about this song, but I love it.
- New Soul, by Yael Naim. Which is weird. This is more my mom’s kind of music (I usually don’t listen to upbeat songs), but… I like it.
- Nobody but Me, by Save Ferris.
- Warg Scouts, from the An Unexpected Journey soundtrack. This one is great for writing action scenes to.
- I Can See the Light from Tangled.
So, for those of you who didn’t know already, May the Fourth is Star Wars Day. You know… May the Fourth Be With You? One of my favorite horrible puns.
Anyway. Here are five things to do for May the Fourth… Have fun!
1. A Star Wars marathon. Duh. What else would you do on Star Wars Day, if not a Star Wars movie marathon?
-Haven’t seen them before and have limited time? Stick with the originals, Episodes IV, V, VI. They’re much better, in my opinion.
-Seen them a billion times already? Watch them again. Or you can go with one of the other ideas. But whatever you do, don’t watch Star Trek. Today is for Star Wars.
2. Cosplay. You don’t need to go all out. Han Solo, for example, is a pretty simple one. Plus, the genderswapped versions look really nice.
3. Come up with some corny Star Wars puns of your own. Like Ham Solo.
Or Adobe Wan Kenobi.
Or any of these.
Sorry. I’ll stop now.
4. Play the X-Wing Miniatures game. The ultimate of nerdiness? Combining your favorite sci-fi movie with an awesome strategy game. Plus, it’s fun.
5. Check out the cast for the new movie, and predict what it’ll be like.
Here’s the list.
And here are a couple of ideas about it.
So, anyway. Happy Star Wars Day! Have fun 🙂